Quantitative Risk Analyst Senior - Modeling Center of Excellence (Bank)
Posted on: August 23, 2019
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking a talented Quantitative
Risk Analyst Sr for our San Antonio, TX, Colorado Springs, CO,
Tampa, FL or Phoenix, AZ facility. The Quantitative Risk Analyst Sr
conducts and develops quantitative and analytic models, assessments
and/or applications in support of risk management efforts that
assess the market and identify risks and gaps in existing or
proposed processes. Applies diverse methodologies and deep
experience in a variety of disciplines to identify and solve
complex and/or undefined risk problems. Works with leadership to
remediate gaps and improvements identified between existing
practices and regulatory requirements. Job Requirements * Utilizes
advanced analytics to assess future risk, opportunities, and
* Translates results into meaningful solutions to enhance decision
* May present findings to various levels of leadership.
* Applies advanced knowledge and industry best practices to
quantify risk and aggregate exposures.
* Develops complex systems and programs that measure aggregate risk
* Engages in model validation and produces model validation
* Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical
approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer
business objectives and drive change.
* Translates recommendations into communication materials to
effectively present to colleagues for peer review and
* Applies advanced knowledge to produce advanced analytical
material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand
complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
* Provides mentorship to other team members in the peer review
process. Minimum Requirements * Bachelor's degree in Economics,
Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other
quantitative discipline required OR 4 additional years of related
experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu
of a degree
* 6 or more years related quantitative analysis experience in a
discipline relevant to risk management to include statistical
analysis, modeling, mathematics or other quantitative discipline OR
advanced degree/designation in Economics, Finance, Statistics,
Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline
AND 4 or more years work experience in a quantitative discipline
relevant to risk management OR PhD in Economics, Finance,
Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative discipline AND 2
years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk
* Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
Preferred Experience: * 6 years + involvement with quantitative
analytical work, statistical analysis, financial modeling, risk
management reporting, portfolio analysis, etc.
* 2 years + Risk Management functional experience in Model
Governance or Validation functions, specifically dealing with
banking models (Credit Risk, ALM, PPNR, CCAR, Ops Loss)
* Strong verbal communication and writing skills and attention to
* Industry and/or model vendor experience in retail/commercial
banking, investment banking, credit union, and capital
* Experience effectively interacting with management and responding
to requests from regulators/auditors (i.e. OCC, FRB, CFPB) as well
as Board of Directors/Risk Committee
* Master's or PhD in a quantitative discipline, such as Finance,
Math, Statistics, and Economics
* One or more of the following designations:
* Professional Risk Manager (PRM)
* Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
* Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) The above description reflects
the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job. At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits
package in the business, including a flexible business casual or
casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision
plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals. Relocation assistance
is available for this position. For Internal Candidates: Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is
05/28/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Centennial , Quantitative Risk Analyst Senior - Modeling Center of Excellence (Bank), Accounting, Auditing , Divide, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!